Thursday 23 August 2012

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation

Illamasqua was never a brand that i ventured into very much until Pixiwoo started using more of their products. I first saw Illamasqua's Skin Base foundation used by the Pixiwoo sisters on YouTube and was instantly interested in it. So at the first opportunity i had to run out and buy it i did.
The girl in the shop tested it on my skin to try and match the best colour to me, which at the time i had fake tan on so it was a bit darker than my natural colouring. She also used one of their powder foundations on top of the Skin Base, i was immediately in love. My skin had never been so flawless. This is definitely a medium to fuller coverage foundation, which i personally like in a foundation. I bought both the foundation and the powder she used on my skin and i haven't looked back since. I currently own three of the Skin Base foundations in different colours and it will remain in my make up collection for a long time.
The Skin Base foundation is described as being ' Easily blendable formula effortlessly creates a perfect complexion' 100% true in my opinion!
I have oily to combination skin and find that a lot of foundations tend to melt off my face easily, this has good staying power on my skin and lasts the whole day, i do find however that i do need to powder again on my t-zone during the day. This foundation does need a powder to set it and give it that extra staying power.
I absolutely love this foundation. They have a huge range of colours and unlike a lot of higher end brands they have lots of colours for paler skin tones. So if your like myself and searching for that foundation that gives you good coverage, without looking cakey and has a good choice of colours then this baby is for you!

I now own a few of Illamasqua's products and love them all. This is definately a brand that i will carry on purchasing from, and they are also cruelty free.

Have you tried Skin Base? What are your thoughts on it?

Cat xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love mine but it is a bit too pale for me so I mix it with a bourjois one which is too dark haha! I also find that I really need a primer with it cos it goes funny on my forehead but I think that is just my skin rather than the foundation! xx

    ReplyDelete